After years of legislation, Medical Marijuana is finally here! At Ohio Green Team, we’re huge advocates of exposing qualified patients to this safe, all natural medicine. So you’re interested in gaining access to medical marijuana? You’re in luck as we pride ourselves in making the process as simple, straightforward and educational as possible. Once you follow these simple steps, you’ll be on your way to accessing medical marijuana!
- Visit ohiogreenteam.com/schedule to identify a date and time which works best for your schedule. We currently have two full-time doctors with varying appointment availabilities so be sure to review both Dr. Lee and Dr Drew’s schedule to ensure you select the best possible time for YOU.
- Intake Form
- Once you’ve successfully made an appointment, you will receive an email from OnPatient; our system of record. You’ll find a link in this email, please click on the link and register an account with OnPatient. After you’ve registered your account, select the Check-In button and complete the Intake Form to the best of your ability.
- In order to further support, validate and significantly improve your odds of being approved please gather copies of your medical history and/or supporting medical documents (prescriptions, X-rays, MRIs, etc) and bring them with you to your medical marijuana consultation
- The evaluation process will be around 30 minutes. The doctors will ask questions related to your Intake Form and medical history in order to make a positive recommendation. Ohio Green Team doctors are trusted, local and esteemed practitioners who are extremely well-regarded in the community. Our head physicians, Dr. Drew and Dr. Lee, pride themselves in creating a warm, comfortable environment while providing exemplary and informative service.
Do I Qualify?
According to a recent study conducted by the Cincinnati Enquirer, an estimated 3.5 million Ohioans qualify for medical marijuana! In other words, it’s highly likely that YOU are a candidate. Currently, the State of Ohio has approved 21 conditions or symptoms:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Chronic traumatic encephalopathy
- Crohn’s disease
- Epilepsy or another seizure disorder
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Pain that is either chronic and severe or intractable
- Parkinson’s disease
- Positive status for HIV
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Sickle cell anemia
- Spinal cord disease or injury
- Tourette’s syndrome
- Traumatic brain injury
- Ulcerative colitis
If you possess or suffer from any of the following, you qualify for medical marijuana! Based on studies and surveys, Ohio Green Team physicians have identified Pain (of any sort) as the most prevalent symptom (75%-85%) patients suffer from which makes them candidates for medical marijuana.
In addition to possessing one (or more) of the qualifying symptoms, you must:
- Present a recommending physician with an unexpired United States passport, United States passport card, state-issued driver’s license; or other state-issued identification issued by the Ohio bureau of motor vehicles.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- If under the age of 18, a certified physician may recommend treatment with medical marijuana only after obtaining the consent of a parent or another person responsible for providing consent to treatment.
- Gain written recommendation from a physician who has obtained a certificate to recommend from the State Medical Board of Ohio.
- All of Ohio Green Team physicians have requisite certifications
What Happens Next?
So you’ve completed your medical marijuana consultation with Ohio Green Team, what happens next?
Now that you’ve successfully completed your consultation with one of the OGT doctors, we will compile all of the evaluation notes, medical history and/or supporting documents.
We will need you to sign a patient consent and attestation form. This form outlines that the physician reviewed the benefits and risks of medical marijuana and you consent to treatment with medical marijuana while agreeing to comply with Chapters 2925 and 3796 of the Revised Code and this division. OGT will assemble a recommendation profile and submit to the Patient Registry on your behalf.
Upon review and approval by the State Board of Pharmacy, you will be invited to create an account on the Patient Registry. Once completed, you will be required to submit a $50 payment directly to the Board so you can be placed in the Patient Registry and receive your Medical Marijuana ID Card. The ID card will be in digital format but you have the option to print out should you prefer. Your Medical Marijuana ID Card allows you to purchase medicine from Ohio-based dispensaries!
Ready to get started? Schedule your consultation today: https://www.ohiogreenteam.com/schedule.html